As everyone says, Breakfast is the most important meal of the day….. being a working woman.. I usually dont have enough time to make something special in the morning every day. So mostly we have either Idly or Dosa every alternate week. For these I can prepare the batter on sunday, so that it lasts for me for the whole week.
The other problem that arises is the chutney…. eating peanut or coconut chutney everyday is not that very healthy option. So when I was searching for alternatives on my favourite blogs, I came across this bell pepper chutney in Indira’s Mahanandi blog.
It is very healthy, tasty and easy to prepare….
Red Bell Peppers : 2, chopped
Onion : 1, chopped
Peanuts : 1/2 cup
Dry Red Chillies : 10, adjust accord. to your taste buds
Garlic : 2 cloves
Tamarind paste : 1 tbsp
Salt : to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
How I did it:
- Heat oil in a kadai and add red chillies, bell peppers, garlic and onion and roast till done.
- Dry roast peanuts in a seperate pan. (I used already roasted tinned peanuts).
- Once the roasted veggies cool, grind all the ingredients to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Serve with any breakfast like, idly or dosa.. even tastes good with hot rice.
And the Verdict:
J liked it very much, it was different from the regular chutneys we have. It has a mild sweet taste from the red peppers and was very yummy.
I served it with Idlies and it was a huge hit.
Some Award Announcements:
Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere. Here are the rules to follow:
- When you recieve the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.
- Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
As the custom, I furthur pass this award to Amulya of Amu’sWorld, Keerthi of CuminHut, Padma of Padma’s Kitchen, Cynthia of Tastes Like Home, Cham of Spice Club, SriValli of Cooking For All Seasons and Pallavi of All Things Yummy.
Amulya of Amu’s World passed on this “Yummy Blog Award“. Thank You dear for this….