Spring is in the air. Weather is getting better, sun was shining high this weekend, though it was still little cold outside. So to celebrate the spring and the sun I made these divine cups!!!
The market is full with the first produce of delicious, colorful berries. I bought a whole basket of strawberries and cranberries the other day. They smelled and tasted so good!!
This is a simple and beautiful dessert that is very easy to make! All you need is little patience to make the chocolate cups.
What you Need :
For the Chocolate Cups:
Bitter Sweet Chocolate Bar
Paper Muffin cups or Silicon Muffin Forms
Small clean paint Brush
For the Filling:
Whipped Creme : 250 ml
Sugar : 3 Tbsp
Strawberries : 1 cup, chopped
Cranberries : 1/2 cup
Chop your chocolate.
Melt half of your chocolate. Place it in the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water.
Stir gently, using a rubber spatula, as the chocolate melts and heats up.
Remove it from the heat, wipe the bottom of the bowl, and set it on a heat-proof surface.
Add the remaining chunks of chocolate and stir gently to incorporate. The warm chocolate will melt the chopped chocolate.
Reheat the chocolate briefly.Place the chocolate bowl over the warm water in the double boiler for 5-10 seconds, remove it and stir.
Take your muffin form, and spoon a tablespoon ful of melted chocolate into the muffin form.
Now using a small clean paint brush, brush the sides of the form with the chocolate coating throughly and evenly. Do the same for all the cups.
Keep them in the freezer and then take them out and give a second coat. For the second coat, just dip the brush in the chocolate and coat the sides.
Return the cups to the freezer.
After another 30 minutes, take them out and peel the paper if using paper forms. If using silicon forms gently separate the form from the chocolate. Place the chocolate cups in plate or a try and keep them in freezer for further use.
Take whipped cream in a bowl.
Add sugar, and beat till stiff peaks form.
Fold in chopped strawberries.
When ready to serve, remove the chocolate cups from the freezer, and spoon the cream mixture into the cups.
Top with Cranberries and serve.
You can use any kind of berries like Raspberries or Blueberries.
Instead of folding chopped strawberries, you can spoon in berries directly into the cups and then pipe the whipped cream on top.
You can use chocolate shavings also for topping.
Awards Time :
Lovely Deepthi from Naughty Curry passed on this Versatile Blogger award. She has a wonderful blog space, where you can find beautiful pictures and awesome recipes. The fact that she lives in Hyderabad and has a special love towards the city, made her more close to me. Thank You Deepthi, you are sweetheart 🙂
The 3 rules of the award:
- Thank the person who awarded you & link back to their blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award to 5 other blogs you love
Seven Random Things About Myself:
- I am a Twilight series fan, and had a crush on the character Edward Cullen for many days 🙂
- I love window shopping and can even spend a whole day in the shopping mall browsing through the shops.
- I love reading books and watching old classic movies. There are books which I have read atleast 50 time and movies I have watched at least a 100 times!!!!
- I am very much afraid of darkness, and sometimes chant Hanuman Chalisa when I am alone 🙂
- I don’t step out of the house without my Mobile.
- I have a thing for Shoes and Bags, just can’t stop myself from buying them!
- Two things I love the most are Chocolates and Mangoes!!!
Blogs I love :