Brownies.. yumm .. chewy and fudgy!!
Brownies.. warm with ice cream.. delishhh!!
Brownies.. a delight for dessert lovers!!
Who doesn’t love brownies?? Me and my son are no exception 🙂 Hubby is complete opposite to us, and doesn’t like chocolate. So yesterday I was determined to prove that there is no better dessert than chocolate. So I baked these yummy, soft, fudgy brownies.. and guess what…. I was successful… he said.. ‘I dint know brownies tasted this good!!’
So this is for all those who love chocolate and brownies.
What you need :
Semi Sweet Chocolate : 150 gms, chopped
Butter : 110 gms, at room temperature, chopped into cubes
Sugar : 1 cup, white granulated sugar
Cocoa Powder : 2 Tbsp
Eggs : 3, at room temperature
Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
Flour : 3/4 th cup
Salt : 1 tsp
Chocolate shavings : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter an 8-inch square pan. Center a rack in the oven.
- Over a saucepan of simmering water, place a heatproof bowl. Put butter in the bowl and add the chopped chocolate and stir occasionally until the ingredients are just melted. Dont keep it till it gets hot and bubbles, you want it just melted. Remove the bowl from the pan of water.
- With a whisk, stir in the sugar. The mixture turns grainy, do not worry.
- Add in cocoa powder.
- One by one, whisk in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and give the ingredients a vigorous whisking.
- Stir in salt and flour, stir only till incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- Bake the brownies for 30 to 33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center come out with a few crumbs clinging to it. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool the brownies to room temperature.
- When the brownies are completely cool, turn out onto a rack, invert onto a cutting board. Cut into squares.
Mom’s Notes :
You can add in a tea spoon of instant espresso, while adding vanilla, to give an extra kick.
For an extra crunch, fold in chopped walnuts (or any nuts of your choice) at the end.
For more chocolaty Brownies, fold in chocolate chips into the batter at the end.