Eggs make a valuable contribution to a healthy, balanced diet. They are an excellent source of high quality protein.
There is even a song about eggs which goes like this :
Aao Sikhao Tume Ande Ka Funda
Yeh Nahin Pyare Koi Maamule Banda
Is Mein Chhupa Hai Jeevan Ka Fal Safa
TV Pe Bhi Dikhaye Ke Roz Khaao Anda!!!
I always use eggs for cooking, when I do not have much time, or when I am tired after a long day and don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. They are so versatile and can be used in cooking in many ways. The egg curry below is one of the fastest and quickest one, if you have hardboiled eggs ready in the fridge.
- When buying eggs, open the carton to be sure none of the eggs are cracked; discard any that are, they may have bacteria that might contaminate the egg.
- Be sure to store the eggs in the original egg carton in the refrigerator. Don’t take them out and put them in the door. Every time the refrigerator door is opened it exposes the egg to the room temperature.
- To tell if an egg is hard-cooked or raw, place the egg on its side and spin it evenly on a level surface; if it wobbles, it is raw.
- If an egg is accidentally dropped on the floor, sprinkle it heavily with salt for easy clean up.
- You cannot hard-cook eggs in a microwave (they’ll explode), but if you find after peeling an egg that it is not quite done at the center, pierce it once or twice with a fork, set microwave to medium power and cook the egg for 10 to 20 seconds before checking if it is done.
Eggs : 5, hardboiled
Onions : 6, finely sliced
Green Chilies : 5, finely chopped
Ginger-Garlic Paste : 1 Tbsp
Red Chili powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 Tbsp
Haldi/Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
Salt, to taste
Corriander, for garnish
Slicing of onions and chopping green chilies.
In the mean time, pressure cook rice.
Heat oil, in a wide pan, add the ingredients for tadka(jeera and mustard seeds).
Add onions and chilies and haldi.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
Add salt, red chili powder and garam masala.
Add the eggs and fry for few more mins.
Add chopped corriander, adjust salt and remove from heat.
Serve hot with Rice 🙂
And the Verdict:
Simple and easy.
A perfect comforting food after a long tiring day!!