Eggs… or shall I call them Incredible Eggs. Why Incredible?? Because, One egg has 13 essential nutrients in varying amounts – including the highest quality protein, choline, folate, iron and zinc – for only 75 calories. Eggs also play a role in weight management, muscle strength, healthy pregnancy, brain function, eye health and more.
Inexpensive, convenient and delicious, eggs are the perfect choice for the entire family. They can be prepared quickly in a variety of ways to suit everyone’s taste buds.
Coming to the recipe…
Onion: 1 big
Tomato: 3 big
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic: 3 pods
Tamarind: size of lemon
Salt: as per taste
Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 3 tbsp
Dry Red Chilly: 2
Mustard: 1 tsp
Jeera: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Boil eggs and remove the shells and keep aside.
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 10 mins. Cool and grind.
- Pass it through a seive to get fine puree.
- Chop onions very finely.
- Grind ginger and garlic. (Alternatively you can use 1 tbsp of GingerGarlic paste).
- Soak tamarind in warm water and extract the pulp.
- Heat oil in a wide kadai.
- Add all the ingredients for tadka.
- After they splutter, add the finely chopped onions and turmeric.
- Fry for 5 mins and add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few more mins, and add tomato puree.
- Add salt, red chilly powder. Mix and cover.
- Let it simmer for few mins, approx 10 -15 mins
- Now add tamarind pulp, garam masala.
- Mix and add eggs.
- Simmer for 10 more mins.
- Garnish with corriander and Serve hot with Rice.
And the Verdict:
Very delicious and healthy… tastes even better with hot rice 🙂