This is the chicken recipe a bit different from the regular chicken curry I make. This was shared by my friend J and everyone at home loved the taste and flavor very much. It is definitely worth a try!
Turmeric pwd: ¼ tsp
WaterMelon seeds: 1 tsp
Chironji: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: ¼ tsp
How I did it:
- in chilli powder, turmeric powder, curds and salt for 30 min.
- While the chicken pieces are marinating, make a paste of cashewnuts, watermelon seeds and chironji and milk. Keep aside. (If you dont have watermelon seeds and chironji, use around 10 cashewnuts).
- Dry roast cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves for 1 min and make a powder of them. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsps of oil in a kadai. Add the onions and saute till pink. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute further for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add coriander pwd, cumin pwd, pepper pwd and mix well and fry for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine well and cook till oil separates.Turn off heat. Cool and grind the cooked masala. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsps oil in an other wide kadai and add the marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes, reduce heat and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground masala paste, cashewnut paste and ground powder of cinnamon,cloves and curry leaves and combine well. Cook till chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired curry consistency. Adjust salt.Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Goes well with rotis or Jeera Rice/Bagara Rice. The curry leaves add the twist to the curry.
It is a hit with the family and I would definitely try it again.
Awards.. Awards and more Awards:
I am utterly delighted that my blog is being showered with awards…… I am thankful to everyone out there, who thinks that my blog is worth them 🙂 Thank You all!!!
Usha of Veg Inspirations and LubnaKarim of KitchenFlavours passed me on “The Brilliant Web Blog Award“…. Thank You Girls.
Vaidehi of Chakili passed on the “Friendship Award” …. Thank You Vaidehi.
Padma of Padma’s Kitchen passed me on the “Arte Y Pico” award.