What is Pana cotta?
Pana cotta actually is an Italian dessert made with a cream as a key ingredient, hence the translation of the words which mean “cooked cream.” Although not all recipes for panna cotta actually require cooked cream, the traditional recipe makes a light, smooth, eggless custard, flavored with caramel, vanilla or cinnamon.
This version is a little different, which includes Lychees, Coconut cream and Ginger!!!
Cream : 200 ml
SemiWhipped cream : 200 ml
Coconut Cream : 100 ml
Sugar : 50 gms
Lychees : 100 gms, pureed
Ginger : 1 tsp, grated
Vanilla essence : few drops
Gelatin : 6 leaves
- Soak Gelatin in cold water to soften and keep aside.
- Take cream, coconut cream, sugar, ginger in a heavy saucepan and bring to light simmer, just till boiling for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and add the Lychee puree and vanilla.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatin and stir into the hot cream.
- Allow the cream to cool completely.
- Fold in the semi whipped cream and pour the mixture into moulds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate till fully set.
- Serve with Mango Syrup and chopped lychees… errr… mine was actually Mango puree 🙂
- To serve, carefully pass a knife through the edges of the mould, and place the mould in warm water for few mins and then invert on to the serving plate.
And the Verdict:
Utterly delicious.. what more can it be when two exotic fruits come together?