Whenever we used to visit a udipi restaurant, the first thing that I would order was DOSA. I always used to spend atleast 10 mins on the menu reading all types of dosas available. As far as I can remember only Dosa has such huge variety of variations – Plain Dosa, Onion Dosa, Masala Dosa, Paper Dosa, Rava Dosa, Set Dosa, MLA Dosa and what not 🙂
One variety which I like in Dosa apart from the above mentioned is Pesarattu. I always used to wonder why is this not mentioned under Dosa category in restaurant menu.
I have been reading all the blogs from past 3 months, and it has been raining Dosas in Blogosphere since the day Srivalli announced the Dosa Mela. I felt very bad missing all the fun becoz of Morning Sickness, but I am glad that I am able to make it before the deadline 🙂
MoonDal(Whole or Split): 1 1/2 cups
Salt: to taste
Water: as needed, while grinding
Onion: 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies: 5, finely chopped
Ginger: 2 inch piece, finely chopped
How I did it:
- Soak MoongDal overnight in sufficient water.
- Grind it to Dosa consistency the following morning, using water as required.
- Mix salt.
- There is no need to ferment the Pesarattu Batter as we do it for regular Dosa.
- Take a Dosa tava and when hot put a ladle full of batter and spread it.
- Mix all the ingredient mentioned under topping, and put a spoonful on the dosa.
- Put oil on the sides and on the dosa.
- Let it fry till crisp. There is no need to turn over.
- Serve Hot with Coconut Chutney.
And The Verdict:
A very wholesome, nutritious and delicious breakfast… Just Yummyyy!!!