Time just flies when you have kids around. My son celebrated his third birthday few days back… I don’t remember if I was so demanding and if my birthday was celebrated this way, with mom and dad planning from almost one month ahead about what to do, how to do, gifts and clothes for the big day.
Since we moved recently to a new town, we do have many friends in the neighborhood so his birthday was celebrated in the Kindergarten. I baked a chocolate cake, and some orange muffins and hazelnut muffins for the kids. I was on very happy and on cloud nine.. when the kids enjoyed them saying yumm… very tasty… will u make them again 🙂
Coming to the recipe, this is from the local German cookbook I bought in the Flohmarket(Flea-market) few months back. I feel that if you look patiently then you can find many useful things in the Flohmarket. How many of you like to visit the Flohmarkets?
What you Need :
(Yields approx 12 muffins)
All purpose Flour : 280 gm
Sugar : 100 gm
Orange Peel : 80 gm, finely chopped
Baking Powder : 2 1/2 Tbsp
Baking Soda : 1/2 Tbsp
Salt : a pinch
Egg : 1, whole
Oil : 80 ml
Orange Juice : 100 ml
Buttermilk : 200 ml
Chocolate chips : 70 gm
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- Butter and Flour Muffin pan or line it with muffin cups.
- Sieve together Flour, Baking powder, Baking soda and salt.
- Add in Orange Peel and mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat egg till light and fluffy.
- Whisk in Sugar, Oil, Orange juice and Buttermilk .
- Add the flour mixture to the Buttermilk mixture in batches, and fold gently till everything is mixed well, with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fold in Chocolate chips .
- Fill each muffin cup till 3/4th full with batter, using a spoon.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 – 10 minutes before removing from pan.