“Paneer Butter Masala“, the most common name in almost all the menu cards of all the Indian restaurants, and the most common item which people tend to order 🙂 and I am one of them.
All the paneer dishes sound so delicious and exotic. And everyone agrees with me, so have you ever tried making Paneer at home? If the answer is “No”, then you must surely try it.
Making Paneer at home is not only easy but also fun. There is a satisfaction and happiness when we cook dishes with Paneer made at home 🙂
The process of making paneer is very simple. All we need is, Milk, Half a Lemon, a Big pot and a clear Towel.
I have explained the process of making it here.
Coming to the recipe…
Tomatoes: 3, chopped
Onions: 3, chopped
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
GingerGarlic Paste: 1 Tbsp
Cashew Nuts: Fistful, soaked in water for 15 mins and grind to get a smooth paste.
Dry Red Chilies: 5, adjust acc. to your taste buds
Corriander leaves: 1 small bunch
Mint leaves: a few
Kasoori Methi: 1 tsp
Salt: To taste
Cream: 2 Tbsp
Oil: 3 Tbsp
Water: 75 ml
How I did it:
- Take a deep saucepan, and add water, tomato, onion, dry red chilies, mint leaves. Cover and boil till done.
- Keep aside to cool. Then grind them and sieve to get the masala paste.
- Heat a little oil and fry the paneer pieces and keep aside for further use.
- Heat oil in a wide heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add cashew paste and fry for few more mins.
- To this add the masala paste, salt and cook covered on medium flame, stirring in between for 15 to 20 mins.
- Add the paneer pieces and Garam Masala and cook for 5 more mins.
- Finally add kasoori methi and cream. Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with Rotis, Jeera Rice or Ghee Rice.
And the Verdict:
Rich and Creamy!!!
“The way to Man’s heart is through his Stomach”, serve it to your loved one, and may what your wish be, it will be fulfilled in seconds 😉
Other Paneer dishes posted Kadai Paneer.