Of all the veggies, Potatoes are considered to be very humble. They are so versatile.. you can boil them, steam them, barbecue them, mash them , saute them and even roast them. Whatever form it takes, it tastes wonderful.
There are many ingredients which go along with potatoes very well.
But, Potatoes love Rosemary 🙂
Potatoes and Rosemary are a match made in heaven.
Since the weather is getting cooler…there is nothing more comforting than Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary.
What you Need :
Baby Potatoes : 1 kilo, or use large potatoes which are quartered
Olive oil : 2 Tbsp
Garlic cloves : 4 or 5
Fresh Rosemary Sprigs : a small bunch, chopped or use 2 Tbsp dried Rosemary
Salt and Pepper : to taste
To make it interesting I even added Tadka
Oil : 1 Tbsp
Jeera : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Wash potatoes, and cut them if using large ones.
- Transfer into a bowl and add oilive oil, garlic cloves and rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add jeera, mustard and allow them to splutter. Turn off heat, add garam masala.
- Add this mixture to potatoes and toss again.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the greased baking dish, arrange them in a single layer.
- Add extra rosemary sprigs to the pan.
- Roast them in the oven till tender and crisp. It takes approximately 20 to 30 mins depending on how large the potatoes are.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot with lime wedges. We had it with Sambar Rice!
Mom’s Notes :
You can omit Garlic cloves if you want just the flavor of rosemary.
You can even omit the tadka part.
You need not peel the potatoes, but I personally prefer them peeled.