Berries.. in particular Strawberries and Whipped Cream, can it get better than that??
This is very easy to make and its fun if you try it with kids.. My son had wonderful time assisting me … licking away all the extra cream 🙂
What you Need :
Strawberries : 10 – 15, fresh and ripe
Mascarpone : 50 gms
Whipping Cream : 75 ml
Granulated White Sugar : 3 Tbsp
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp (optional)
Chocolate Sauce : to drizzle (optional)
- Wash the Strawberries and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Make sure that the strawberries sit flat, if not cut the green stems off the strawberries so they will stand upright when served.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an “X” in each strawberry, cutting almost to the bottom of each strawberry. Make sure not to cut it till the end, if you do the strawberry comes apart.
- Gently with your fingertips, spread each strawberry apart to make “petals”.
- Now make the cream filling.
- In a bowl whip the mascarpone cheese and whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the cream into a piping bag fitted with a large tip.
- Pipe the cream into the strawberries.
- Place in the Refrigerator for 30 mins and serve cold.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Sauce if you like.